Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Strikes, Storms, Pasta, and Priesthood

For some reason, I have really neglected the blogging. I thought it was high time I caught you up to speed.

We recently found a place in Ann Arbor that has some serious cosmic bowling. For a mere $12 a person, you get a shoe rental and all you can bowl from 10 p.m. - 2 a.m.

We went with some of our friends and stayed until 2, bowling the night away.



On this outing we were also introduced to our friend's face swapping app. Creepy, no?


On to the next adventure: A tornado decided to grace Washtenaw County. There was hail, flooding, and lots of sirens. We spent an hour halled up in our basement until the danger had passed.
The tornado did not hit our place, but we did spend a couple hours that night bailing 5 inches of water from the basement of a ward member.  



Sadly, the tornado damaged 100 houses in the town of Dexter, only about 8 miles from our home. Twelve of those houses were destroyed. James and his friend went on a canoeing trip down the river that runs through Dexter. Trees were down everywhere, and those that were still standing we filled with housing insulation. 




On a happier note, I finished our YW camp fundraiser this weekend! It meant lots of noodle cooking for my friend and I, but the dinner turned out well and we made some money for the girls. 


Lastly, some interesting Fuller Family News. During the fundraiser James was called by a member of the stake presidency for a meeting. At 7:00 p.m. Saturday night James was extended the calling of 2nd councilor in the Ann Arbor singles ward bishopric. The next day he was sustained and set apart. James called my parents and asked my dad to come up to Michigan to ordain him a high priest. Luckily they were able to come. It was a very special day. There is nothing better than watching the first man in your life ordaining the new man of your life. I'm very thankful for the priesthood and for the worthiness to hold it by the two men who mean the most to me. 

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! A high priest already? I hope he enjoys being in a Single's Ward again. And that face swap picture is MESSED UP! It doesn't help that the lighting is completely messed up either. Seriously creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... I will be expecting you in the office tomorrow sitting across from my desk to explain the details of this post and what it all means. Not the cosmic bowling part, or the creepy faces, but the continuation of my Fuller church education. Ok great, see you then. oh and we have cupcakes. Lots of cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete